"Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock." — Matthew 7:24
As Catholics we are called to serve.
By doing so, we encounter Jesus Christ through the
JOY, POWER, and GRACE of giving.
Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception Restoration
- This project marks the first exterior restoration of the over 100 year-old Cathedral which is made of limestone from Indiana and granite from Gunnison, Colorado.
For more details visit: denvercathedral.org/architecture
- Each week the Cathedral provides three daily Masses and six Sunday Masses. Over half ofthose attending are from other parishes and cities. Annually, the Cathedral provides50,000 to 60,000 lunches to the poor and homeless.
- A softball size piece of the Cathedral’s façade recently fell to the front steps of the Basilica below. Fortunately no one was hurt. However, investigators found cracks and gaps in the limestone façade and determined that the entire façade is in need of repair.Work has already begun.
Preserving the Heritage of Camp St. Malo
- A fire in 2011 and the flood in 2013 rendered most of the Camp St. Malo property uselessand part of the property has been deemed unsafe to rebuild for similar use.
- In order to preserve Camp St Malo, efforts are underway to preserve the beauty and rich
history of The Chapel on the Rock (St. Catherine of Siena Chapel); the Pope Saint JohnPaul II trail; and a new visitor and heritage center, to also include restrooms.
Learn more: campstmalo.org
- Each summer The Chapel on the Rock serves 30+ Catholic weddings and is visited by people from all over the world.
St. John Vianney Theological Seminary
$300,000 of $1M need
- Rising construction costs increased the $9 million New Harvest campaign
capital need by $2 million.
- An anonymous donor has stepped up with a matching grant offer up to
$1,000,000 to help fill this gap. Only $300,000 remains to be matched.
St. Bernadette’s Renovation for Marisol Home
$300,000 of $800,000 need
- The old convent at St. Bernadette’s Parish in Lakewood (an Archdiocese of Denver owned property) needs major renovation to accommodate the move of Marisol Home from the current facility in Denver.
- Marisol Home’s new facility will now house up to 18 single mothers with their
children, up from 9 current rooms. Only $300,000 is still needed.
NEW Samaritan House Women’s Shelter - Facility Purchase and Renovation
- One of the fastest growing homeless populations is women, especially women over
the age of 60.
- This one of a kind shelter (an old two-story warehouse building) will meet the
needs of 150 women in crisis with overnight shelter; while 50 of those women
can enter a recovery/decompression program.
- Catholic Charities’ administrative offices will also be housed at the shelter, enablingthem to more effectively serve on the ground, in the community, and utilize our space for multiple needs.
St. Patrick’s Renovation for Christ in the City
- Major renovation efforts of the old St. Patrick’s school are needed in order to provide lodging, and to house the offices for Christ in the City staff.
- Its 20 plus college-aged missionaries are involved in a daily on the streets ministry which shows Christ’s love to the homeless.
Bishop Machebeuf High School
Holy Family High School
Seeds of Hope
Tuition assistance and capital needs for our schools --
please ask about details if Catholic Education is your area of interest.
THE OFFICE OF HISPANIC MINISTRY (OHM)
- Hispanics are the fastest growing demographic in the Archdiocese of Denver, representing over 50 percent of its members. OHM serves Catholics and non-Catholics.
- Providing immigration services, religious education courses, family services, college courses and more.